The Sims Wiki - Weekly Community Blog
The news blog is a day late this week. I blame all the hubbub over The Sims 4, as well as some other wiki events. Let's get down to business!
- Dragon Valley was accidentally released early. According to SimGuruTaterTot, some players were accidentally able to purchase an early and incomplete version of the Dragon Valley neighborhood. Players who received the early version of the neighborhood are urged to uninstall it, "to avoid any risks to your saved games and overall experience." If you didn't manage to get an early peek at Dragon Valley, don't worry - it goes up for sale May 30th.
- Origin and Amazon sale on The Sims 3 expansions this weekend. Multiple expansions, stuff packs, and base game bundles for The Sims 3 are on sale on Origin, through May 14th. It appears that this deal only applies to people in North America, however. Prices for some stuff packs are as low as $7.99, and The Sims 3: University Life is selling for $19.99. If you've been holding out on buying new EPs, this might be the weekend to do it. Check out the full sale here. A similar set of EPs and SPs are also on sale over on Amazon, though the prices and selection may differ somewhat.
- ERMAHGERD, TEH SIMS FUHR!. But seriously... The Sims 4 was announced on Monday. You probably already knew this, unless you've been living under a rock or in a desolate and remote third-world country since last Sunday. You can read more about it in the previously-linked announcement blog, or in The Sims Wiki's Tuesday special edition news blog.
The Sims Wiki news
There was a bit of interesting news this week on the wiki side of things.
- Requests for administratorship. Both of the recent RfAs were declined, for differing reasons. One of the RfAs, and the aftermath of the decision, has led to a couple discussions in the Discussions Forum (links below). The incident has also led to another development...
- Requests for Administratorship and Bureaucratship are closed. This is being done to allow solutions to issues with the RfA and RfB process to be implemented, before new requests are handled. The requests pages will open up again after the current discussions have run their course.
- Discussions - There are a few threads which could really use community attention this week, especially in light of recent developments. They are, in no particular order:
We will hopefully be back to our regular Thursday press date next week. Until then, be sure to participate in our discussions. Happy Simming!
-- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 22:42, May 10, 2013 (UTC)