Another Thursday means another news post from yours truly. Let's get started!
- Midnight Hollow is coming. This world was sort of a surprise, and the time between its announcement and release is rather short. The world, like many others for The Sims 3, seems to have a spooky theme, and certain mythical qualities. During the most recent The Sims Live Broadcast, more information about the neighborhood was revealed, including confirmation that the mysterious Olive Specter will be featured!
- Midnight Hollow drops on September 26th.
- New EA CEO named. Andrew Wilson has been selected to replace Electronic Arts' former Chief Executive Officer, John Riccitiello. Riccitiello left the company in March of this year, shortly after the blundered launch of SimCity. New CEO Andrew Wilson put out a statement after his selection, in which he stated his belief that "EA’s strategy is sound." People who hoped that a new CEO might make a change to the company's course may be disappointed, but it remains to be seen whether Wilson's statement was wholly true, or simply meant to calm investors. However, present signs seem to indicate that the status quo at EA will continue. You can read more about this here
The Sims Wiki News
We've got a few things going on here at home.
- Chat Moderator requests are closed. A proposal to close Chat moderator requests has been voted on, and as a result, chat moderator requests are closed. A new thread has been started to discuss actual reforms to the requests - all user input would be greatly appreciated.
- Project of the Month. This month's project is all about game guides! For more information on our (rather abstract) goals, and to lend a hand, be sure to check out the project blog.
- Current Discussions. As always, we have a cornucopia of positively succulent discussions that are just waiting for you to sink your (metaphorical) teeth into! Here's a sampling of our buffet:
- As always, you can peruse the rest of our menu, or suggest a "dish" of your own, on the Community Discussions Forum. Bon appétit!
The Sims 4 is slated for an early 2014 release date. However, we're getting late into 2013, and a release date has not been announced yet. Do you think this is a sign that the release date might be postponed?
-- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 02:20, September 19, 2013 (UTC)