The Sims Wiki - Weekly Community Blog
Let's wrap up the noteworthy month of May!
- Dragon Valley drops today. Dragon Valley, which features dragons and other medieval-themed objects, is set to release today. The world isn't like most other DLC worlds, but is more like Monte Vista in that it must be purchased as part of a SimPoints bundle. The bundles are:
- For those wanting to buy Dragon Valley as a physical release, EA plans on making it available for retail sale starting on August 6th. For more information on Dragon Valley, see SimGuruTaterTot's blog.
- Special recognition. The Sims 4 and The Sims Wiki were both discussed during a recent Wikia Community Podcast. The presenters seemed to be very impressed with our wiki, and this all because of the community's dedication to building a comprehensive encyclopedia of The Sims! To hear the full podcast, go here. The portion of the podcast discussing The Sims begins at around the 33 minute mark. Congratulations to everyone who has contributed and who continues to contribute to TSW!
- New wiki theme incoming. There has been an ongoing discussion over the theme of the wiki, and a new theme will be implemented soon! To get a sneak peek of the new designs, or to weigh in on the discussion, go here.
- Important discussions. It is probably beginning to sound repetitive, but these discussions really need input. Please take a few moments to look through these and give your opinions
- Addressing issues with rights requests - This matter absolutely needs to be resolved before RfAs or RfBs can be re-opened. Let's resolve the issue soon.
- Re-theme for Island Paradise - I mentioned this above, but the discussion is still ongoing. If you want to weigh in on the upcoming design, now is the time!
- YouTube channel - The Sims Wiki has a YouTube channel, but we need to decide as a community what the channel should host. Please jump in and give your suggestions!
Alright, that's it for me, and that's it for The Sims Wiki news for the month of May. It has definitely been an eventful month, and I'm looking forward to more of the same in June!
-- LostInRiverview talk ~ blog 05:48, May 30, 2013 (UTC)