Recently, The Sims Wiki has been holding a discussion with Wikia and the TSW community on creating a formal relationship between TSW and Electronic Arts. As a result, we've been notified by EA directly of some interesting changes, especially one regarding the announced Time Travel EP that had been planned to be released this fall.
After Larry Probst took the lead on EA's affairs, some radical reorganization on the publisher's upcoming titles occurred. While new titles, like Mass Effect 4, were announced, others were canceled, like the unnamed time-travel expansion pack. Probst took another lead regarding this expansion pack: "After seeing that the fanbase didn't give the new EP a warm welcome, we've decided to scrap that thought and move in…Read more >
It's time for the news again!
The Sims world has been relatively quiet this week, following the release of TS3:UL and SimCity last week.
- Lazy Game Reviews has posted his review of The Sims 3: University Life. You can see the full review here. Spoiler Alert: He talks about a college-themed expansion pack.
- SimCity was the best-selling game in the UK last week, according to this chart. The Sims 3: University Life, which released on the same day as SimCity, came in second place overall. Other notable listings are The Sims 3 (base game) in 5th place, The Sims 3: Seasons in 9th, The Sims 3: Pets in 10th, The Sims 3: Supernatural in 12th, The Sims 3: Showtime in 18th, and The Sims 3: Generations in 20th. This means, of the top twenty games sold in the UK this week, se…
Read more >
I don't have anything clever to write here, so let's just get to the news.
This week has been the week of releases and we have plenty to talk about, starting with:
- The Sims 3: University Life was released! For the first time in The Sims 3, Sims can pursue a higher education... or pursue a life of parties and friends. As far as this reporter is aware, no serious technical issues plagued the release of this expansion since, after all, this game is totally playable even if the player isn't connected to the internet. That's right! This game requires no: Unstable and overloaded servers that are often full; maintenance of a constant and unbreaking internet connection, or; massive boatloads of patience while players wait in a queue to join the aforem…
Read more >
I've come back from the dead, just so I can present this weekly news blog to you all. So hopefully you appreciate the effort... Zombification is not nearly as simple a process as you would imagine.
- Second SimCity Beta: If you weren't lucky enough to get a code for the original SimCity beta last month, fear not! EA is having a second beta opportunity. You can sign up for the one-day beta here. Good luck!
- The Sims Turns 13! As hard as it is to believe, our beloved franchise is now 13 years old. For more of a take on this milestone, be sure to check out this blog post.
The forums are mostly silent this week, so if you have something to propose, do it now!
- A Featured Sim system, similar to but not the same as Featured Article, has been proposed. Be su…
Read more >