Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Welcome! This mini guide is here to share tips on how to play The Sims 3, so if you're a beginner, this guide is for you!
1. The Basics
1.1 - Buy Mode -
In this mode, you can buy different things for your house and for your Sim (beds, kitchen stuff, etc.) Just be sure you don't overspend, because you'll run out of Simoleons! Also, if you overspend, you might not be able to pay your bills, and the Repo Man may come and take things from you house. And trust me, all that hard work you put into the things you bought will be wasted. Seriously.
1.2 - Build Mode -
In this mode, you get to build your own dream house. There are various tools that help you out a lot in this mode, such as:
- Terrain (such as rocks, grass, sand, etc.)
and so much more!
Don't worry. If you buy an empty lot, there are also wall and floor patterns that you can use!
1.3 - Live Mode -
This is the mode that allows you to control your Sims. It's up to you with what they do, because there are lots of possibilities.
1.4 - Getting a Job -
Getting a job is as easy as 1-2-3. There are 2 options:
- You read the newspaper or use the computer to find a job.
- You go to the workplace itself.
Various symbols are used to help you identify which workplace you can go to.
There are options you have at work.
- Business as Usual - Your Sim puts in a normal amount of effort in their job.
- Work Hard - Your Sim will put in an extra amount of effort in their job, but stress levels will build up faster.
- Take it Easy - Your Sim will not work very hard, and job performance won't build up very fast. But, it's a nice way to relax on the job.
- Meet Co-workers - Self-explanatory.
- Hang with Co-Workers - This builds relationships with your co-workers. Vital in some careers.
- Suck up to Boss - This builds your relationship between your boss and your Sim.
Jobs may have other options aside from these. For example, you're working at the bistro. The other option you have aside from the ones stated is Practice Cooking, which raises your cooking skill.
Note : Depending on what job you have, the descriptions may be different from what is stated here. Also, the options may be omitted (removed) and replaced with another.
1.5 - Wishes and Promises -
At some point in time, your Sim will have a Wish that pops up. These wishes may vary depending on what traits your Sims have (from Create-A-Sim). Some wishes may involve getting a job, earning a raise, and so on. These may be easy or hard to fulfill, depending on the situation. To promise a wish, left-click on the wish. To remove a promised wish, right-click on it. Every wish has its own amount of Lifetime Happiness Points, and Lifetime wishes give a GREAT deal of Happiness points. Ambitious Sims get a kick out of these, because every fulfilled wish has a 75% increase in Lifetime Happiness.
1.6 - Disasters - These can happen just about any time.
- Fires - They obviously burn things and may destroy them. Heck, they can even kill your Sim! To prevent this, buy a Fire Alarm for only 100 simoleons. These little widgets will automatically call the fire department, and when the firemen come, they will immediately extinguish the flames.
- Burglaries - Now these are REALLY BAD! They only come at night, and only once in awhile. They break into the door, and star sucking things up with their magic bag. To prevent this, buy a Burglar Alarm for 895 simoleons. Costs a lot, right? Don't worry. It's totally worth it. This alarm will automatically sound out REALLY LOUD and signals the police (and wakes your Sims up, disturbing a good night's rest). When the police arrive at the scene, they will start beating up the burglar. If the police officer wins, they will arrest the burglar and the stolen things will be in the family inventory (accessible from buy mode). However, if the police officer loses, and if the burglar has stolen something already, you can say goodbye to what you lost.
Thanks for reading!
Copyright - This mini-guide has been made by me, and it is not allowed to be reproduced and put into another site without my permission.