There are five Vampire Ranks:
- Rank 1 - Vampire Fledgling
- Rank 2 - Minor Vampire
- Rank 3 - Prime Vampire
- Rank 4 - Master Vampire
- Rank 5 - Grand Master Vampire
Your vampire Sims will have several options to increase their Vampire Rank.
- Sparring/Fighting/Curing Vampires
- Researching Vampiric Lore
- Being mentored by higher ranked Vampires
- Using vampiric powers
- Drinking Plasma
Each Vampire Rank unlocks another row of Powers and Weaknesses to choose from. When you reach a new Vampire Rank, you will be required to choose a weakness, or else you will not be allowed to learn any new powers.
Powers and WeaknessesEdit
Vampires can choose certain powers as they gain more experience and become stronger. There are a total of 25 powers, divided evenly (5 per each Vampire Rank), with several powers having their own tiers (up to a maximum of 3). Also some powers conflict with certain weaknesses, preventing you from picking them.
At the expense of becoming a more powerful vampire, the vampire must develop a weakness. There are a total of 11 weaknesses, divided unevenly amongst the Vampire Ranks. Some weaknesses have their own tiers (up to a maximum of 3), and some conflict with certain powers, barring you from being able to choose them.
List of Powers and Weaknesses Edit
- Almost all vampiric abilities can be unlocked for a single sim (except those that conflict with others), as your Sim will continue gaining Power Points even after they have reached the maximum Vampire Rank.
- Vampire Powers and Weaknesses can be reconfigured by having the Vampire Sim drink a Draught of Reconfiguration (which can be made at Level 14 Vampire Lore skill), which will reset and refund all of your Power Points and chosen weaknesses.
- If a Vampire baby is conceived through the Try for Baby as Bats interaction, the baby will automatically have the Bat Form power unlocked once they reach the Teen life stage and become full-fledged vampires.