The Sims: Makin' MagicEdit
Vampires do not really play a role in The Sims, not even in Makin' Magic. The only character who is presumed to be an actual vampire is Vicki Vampiress, an NPC who operates the "All Things Draconic" cart in Magic Town.
Sims cannot become vampires, but a magical adult Sim who successfully uses the "Beauty or Beast" charm can temporarily take on the appearance of a vampire. This is purely cosmetic, and the Sim remains a normal Sim in all respects.
The Urbz: Sims in the City (handheld)Edit
Vampires are one of the story elements in The Urbz: Sims in the City for GBA and DS. After the player's Urb washes up at the Bayou, Crawdad Clem and Bayou Boo suspect that they are a vampire, and the player must answer questions to prove that they aren't. Later, when the player's Urb has to go in the Dark Tree, a Grand Vampire appears, but the player scares them off with a glowing rod. When Bayou Boo shows the player's Urb the secret passage to return back to Miniopolis, he gets captured on the way. He later appears in Mission 6, where it is revealed that he has been turned into a vampire and is chained up in the secret passage. The player then must pick the lock of the chain and speak to Mambo Loa about vampirism. She tells the player that the cure for vampirism is a heavy chocolate dish. The player then makes a Chocolate Decadence, and feeds it to Bayou Boo, which cures his vampirism.
The Sims 2: NightlifeEdit
Becoming a Vampire Edit
- Vampirism is introduced with Nightlife.
- Vampirism is transferred via the bite neck interaction.
- If a Sim is bitten by the Grand Vampire or a pre-bitten Sim, he or she joins the world of the undead as well. Initially. Sims are bitten only if they have a high relationship with a Grand Vampire; however, once one Sim is bitten by a Grand Vampire, any Sim that comes into contact with any Grand Vampire has a risk of being bitten, whether or not they are a playable Sim and regardless of the relationship with the Grand Vampire. Non-Grand Vampire Sims still require a high relationship in order to successfully bite another Sim. Other Sims can also Influence a vampire to bite another Sim, though it will likely only be successful if it is a Grand Vampire that is influenced to do so.
- Grand Vampires appear downtown at night. Their names are preceded by either the Count or Contessa title depending on the gender. They are easily distinguishable from the crowd by their pale- to gray-tinted skin, period clothing, and unmistakable 'bleh'. They also have their arms covering their fangs, and will often be sneakily stalking around.
- Vampires can only use the interaction "Bite Neck" to change other Sims into vampires, and it will not kill the Sim.
- When a Sim turns into a vampire they receive the characteristics of sharp teeth, red eyes and pale skin. Aliens, PlantSims, and Evil-aligned Witches turn turquoise, while Zombies turn dark blue. Servos also can become vampires, with a red eye, fangs and a small bat shaped tattoo on their head.
- When a vampire is dressed in everyday, they are adorned in a Victorian-aged suit and cloak. They walk to their destinations with their forearm covering their face, with the cloak draped over their arm, catering to the traditional interpretation. However, when a vampire is not clothed in everyday, they still walk with their arm covering their features. The cloak is no longer there, but merely their arm is covering their face. Some attribute this to an EA glitch.
- Once bitten, the newly created vampire can bite other Sims, provided they have a high enough relation with the target Sim.
- Vampires can transform into bats and fly around, which allows them to fly over low obstacles such as kitchen counters and is a fast alternative to walking for Sims too lazy to run. Vampires can also "stalk" from place to place, even when "Stalk Here" is not specifically selected.
- Vampire Sims gain the Irritate > Bleh! interaction which lowers the Bladder need of target non-vampire Sim and can be used regardless of relationship.
- Teenage Vampires can get the undead scholarship to go to college. In the memory description, it will say that the Sim is a Zombie even if they are actually vampires.
- Vampires will sizzle and smoke while exposed to the daylight, and their motives drop very quickly, eventually leading to the vampire's demise. A vampire Sim must sleep in his/her coffin or meditate during the day to prevent their needs from dropping. This can interfere with careers that go though the daytime.
- For this reason, vampires are contactable at night, but cannot be contacted during the day without drama.
- The motives of a vampire Sim do not decay at all during the night. This is meant to give them plenty of opportunity to party Downtown all night. They still lose needs when doing some activities.
- Another additional feature is that vampire Sims are immortal and will never grow older than the day they were bitten, with the exception of the transition from Teen to Young Adult to Adult.
- Even if Hunger reaches 0, vampires will not die of starvation.
- Vampires have no reflection in a mirror. If one is used, the vampire will react and their comfort bar will drop. Disturbingly, while vampires are invisible in mirrors, their wedding rings, if any, are not.
- Occasionally vampires will hiss or "bleh" if no other action is currently underway.
- Vampires can also become werewolves. When they become one, they will look like vampires in the day and werewolves with fur at night. They can bite and savage as well as fly and stalk.
- Vampires can also become PlantSims which changes their skin color from blue to green. This does NOT cancel out their weakness to sunlight (even though they'll still gain the sunlight need, they'll just lose a lot of the water need), and even in a coffin, the sunlight need will still go down. Installing sun lamps over the coffin will replenish the need, however.
- Sometimes, a vampire who is not performing any action will try to bite another Sim in the family that he or she has a good relation with.
- There is a glitch in which sometimes the fangs are not inside the vampire's mouth. Instead, they will be hovering over its head blinking red and blue.
- In The Sims 2, Vampirism is not genetic. Vampires can reproduce, but will have normal-Sim children.
- Technically, the vampire skin is a whole-body tattoo. For the purposes of chemistry, vampires are considered to have full face make-up, as well as vampirism.
- Vampires can be called on the phone after 2 AM (which is when Sims go to sleep), but cannot be called between 7 AM and 6 PM. However, a vampire who has a computer can be chatted with during daylight hours.
If at any time the Sim grows tired of the vampire life, Vampirism can be cured with Vamprocillin-D which is bought from the Gypsy Matchmaker. Vamprocillin-D can also be made by witches. Other Sims can Influence vampire Sims to drink Vamprocillin-D, provided they have the potion in their inventory (this could be accomplished by giving it to them as a gift). Once cured, the Sim will be returned to normal; they will be able to go out in the day but will lose all the perks of being a creature of the night.
Wanting and Fearing VampirismEdit
Sims will not necessarily have wants or fears related to vampirism, but if they do, all Sims except Knowledge and Pleasure Sims will fear it. Knowledge Sims will want it, and once bitten will fear curing it.
The memory of becoming a vampire is always positive, even if the Sim feared becoming one.
Vampires will not bite autonomously until a playable Sim has been turned into one. Since that requires some positive action on the part of the player, whether or not to have vampires (other than the Grand Vampires) is effectively a matter of player's choice.
Jfade has a set of mods which can be used to control vampires' biting. One keeps vampires from biting NPCs. This can be useful, as once Grand Vampires start biting autonomously, they may attempt to bite Mrs. Crumplebottom, which can lead to game corruption. Another only allows them to bite on residential lots, while the third disables biting altogether.
The Sims 3Edit
The Sims 3: Late NightEdit
While not included in the base game, vampires are included in The Sims 3: Late Night expansion pack as well as a theme pack for The Sims 3 iPhone. Without the Late Night expansion pack, using CAS, players can create a Sim with a pale skin, red eyes, and (with custom content) protruding teeth, for a vampire-looking Sim.
Unlike The Sims 2, vampires do not die when they are exposed to sunlight. Instead, they will began to smoke and will get a negative moodlet when they step outside during the day. If a vampire remains exposed to sunlight, it will eventually pass out and will not be able to use its abilities. Also, the player will get a message if a vampire Sim steps outside during the day.
Vampires in The Sims 3: Late Night look relatively normal, although they have paler skin and shinier eyes than regular Sims. (If the player would like to make a light skin, then "testingcheatsenabled true" may be used. There should be an option to edit the Sim in CAS.) Players can usually pick them out in a crowd by their bright eyes, and possibly by the spiky tattoo on their neck. Sims receive this tattoo after becoming vampires, though it is possible that this tattoo could also be selected in CAS (via "unlockoutfits" cheat code). A regular Sim, unless he or she has the Brave or Eviltraits, will get the Hunted moodlet whenever a vampire who they are not friends with is around.
Once a Sim has met a vampire, the vampire will show up in that Sim's relationships panel with a red box around his or her picture. The Sim can use "Ask to Turn" with the vampire, whereby he or she will hold out their arm, and the vampire will bite them on their wrist. If they have a high or romantic relationship with the vampire, the vampire will bite the Sim on the neck instead. If a playable Sim is a vampire, then the player can offer to turn any Sim, but if the Sim refuses, the human Sim will get the "Freaked Out" moodlet . If there are too many other Sims around, or if the player's Sim doesn't have a high enough relationship level with the vampire, he or she may be rejected from receiving "the gift."
After the bite, he or she will have a moodlet describing a mosquito or spider bite. The Sim will then turn into a vampire after 2 days. Although vampires can travel, a transforming Sim who is trying to board a plane will be noticed by the flight attendant due to the blemish and will be refused by security. If the Moodlet Manager is used on the human with the moodlet, the Sim will become a vampire.
Vampires can also have children that will be born with Vampirism. These vampire children can also be cured.
Vampires grow up as normal Sims do, but age five times slower than normal once they reach adulthood.
The Sims 3: SupernaturalEdit
Vampires in Supernatural are more like the classic 'evil' style of vampire, as opposed to the fantasized/celebrity modern type included in Late Night. Unlike in Late Night, they can be created in CAS,and become immune to the sunlight by using the Vampiric Sunscreen elixir. Vampires can become immortal if they get the lifetime reward. Certain elixirs can either cause vampirism or cure it. With Supernatural installed, vampire features and abilities are enhanced. More interactions are included, such as hypnotic gaze", intimidate", show off teeth, talk about the joy of plasma, and so on. They can also confess or deny their state as a vampire to Sims who are exploiting their weaknesses and accusing them as vampires.
- A mod object has been created for The Sims and available at Biedersims.de. This allows vampirism in-game and affects more than just a Sim's appearance.
- In the GBA and DS versions of The Urbz: Sims in the City, the player's Urb will believe that vampires do not exist when Crawdad Clem and Bayou Boo suspect that the player is a vampire. However, Sims could not become vampires in The Sims era, which The Urbz is part of, so it is unknown why Crawdad Clem and Bayou Boo know about vampires or why Bayou Boo becomes one later in the story.
- Vampires drink/eat plasma. Plasma is actually the liquid part of blood and mostly consists of water and it makes up more than half the volume of blood. Nutrients, minerals, and oxygen are dissolved in plasma. However it's still possible that "plasma" in the Sims is merely a euphemism for blood to lower the ESRB rating.
- The tribal tattoo and fangs can be removed in Create a Sim. They are under accessories.
|Becoming a vampire:|
Sims can only become vampires in desktop versions[TS2:NL][TS3:LN]. Becoming a vampire is not possible on any console/handheld version, except for The Sims 2 for PSP.
This article is a Featured Article. Its layout and content is an example of excellence on The Sims Wiki.
Dates featured: March 16-31, 2012.