Over the years, Simlish speech and voice has been provided by a wide range of different actors, each giving their own style and charm to the Sims they voice.
The Sims Edit
In The Sims, male Adult Sims are voiced by Stephen Kearin, while female adult voices are performed by Gerri Lawlor. These two actors are the inventors of the Simlish language. Sean O' Connor, Laurel McCarl Kapros, Paul Rausmussen and Eli Sibley perform additional voices. In The Sims: Makin' Magic, Nikki Rapp makes her debut as the voice of Child Sims.
The Sims 2 Edit
- Child Sims are, independently of their gender, voiced by Nikki Rapp.
- Teen males are voiced by Jack Conte, and teen females are voiced by Thessaly Lerner. If The Sims 2: University is installed, they are also the voices of Young Adults.
- Adults of each gender now have two separate voices, chosen automatically by the game upon the Sim's birth or creation in Create a Sim. The player cannot control which voice the Sim is given, though it is possible to change them later using SimPE. It is also possible for experienced players to identify the voice of their Sim in Create a Sim before they have confirmed their creation. Gerri Lawlor and Stephen Kearin return, voicing female and male sims, respectively. They are joined by Zoe Galvez, and Dave Boat, who voices all three of the NPCs such as the Genie and Bigfoot.
- Elder voices are performed by Roger Jackson and Liz Mamorsky. Roger Jackson is also the voice of certain NPCs, such as the Therapist and witch doctor.
- The Baby and Toddler Sims are performed by Donna LeTourneau. Donna LeTourneau also performs many NPC voices in the expansion packs, including Mrs. Crumplebottom.
- In the Open for Business expansion pack, the mechanical-sounding voice of Servos is a heavily-modified version of Stephen Kearin's voice.
The Sims 3 Edit
In The Sims 3, for the first time players are able to choose their Sim's voice, and even alter the pitch. This voice stays consistent throughout the Teen, Young Adult, Adult and Elder life stages. (Children that are born in-game cannot have their voices changed.)
The player can choose between three different voices in Create a Sim for most life stages, but only two for children. Only two past voice actors return; Nikki Rapp and Donna LeTourneau. New voice actors include Khary Payton, Elisa Gabrielli, William Salyers, Georgina Cordova, Nicky Ralf, Will Blagrove, Becky Boxer, William Woff and Deborah Ben-Eliezer.