Each time wishes are made, the chance of successful outcome is reduced. The first wish will always be successful.
- 85% after 1 wish
- 60% after 2 wishes
- 30% after 3 wishes
- 15% after 4 wishes
- 5% after 5 wishes
- 0% after more than 6 wishes
After 5 wishes are successful, all further wishes will fail. Here is a list of the positive and negative outcomes:
List of WishesEdit
Wishing for FriendsEdit
- 3 new friends appear around the well. Upon the wisher's first contact with them, they will become best friends.
- 3 new enemies appear around the well. They will probably start a fight with the wisher upon their arrival.
Wishing for RomanceEdit
- The wisher's true love appears around the well, and he/she will automatically kiss them, and fall in love.
- A jet of fire erupts from the well and Mrs. Crumplebottom climbs out (an allusion to the horror film "The Ring"), and beats the wisher with her purse, and sometimes she also attacks him/her.
Note: If the player has the wisher run into a room with a locked door (works with dorm doors, not 100% sure about regular doors), and keeps him/her from emerging to be beaten, Mrs. Crumplebottom will eventually walk off the lot.
Wishing for MoneyEdit
- A bag of money falls from the sky, worth around 1,000 Simoleons.
- A bag of money falls from the sky (worth only 50 Simoleons), and hits the wisher on the head. If his/her mood is low, this could be fatal.
Even after the 5 wishes have been used up, the well still has some use, so don't delete it.
- Sims can still drink from it.
- The Money wish still gives 50 Simoleons, as long as the wisher has high motives.
- The Friends wish is great fodder for a Cowplant.
The wishing well is available when purchasing the Lucky Palms neighborhood. If you are lucky you may be able to get a lucky coin which is used in the Casino.
Armed with an ancient treasure map, three brothers made their way across the desert and found the fabled well of wishes! The first brother wished for wealth and he was showered with gold. The second brother wished for power and when he returned home he was appointed the mayor of his town. The third brother wished for love, met the girl of his dreams, started a family, and founded a town near the well that survives to this day.
- Wish for Love, Wealth, Power, Happiness, or even a Child!
- Make sure to dip your fishing hook in the Well – you'll catch some amazing fish regardless of your Fishing Skill level!
- If you have the Tree of Prosperity on your lot, pixies and fireflies in the Well become very active in the evening!
- If you have The Sims 3 Pets installed, the Child you wish for may not be what you expect.
- If you've got sticky fingers, you can steal coins from the Well. You may get wet, or you may get lucky.