The skill is enhanced by having the Sim Inspired or Focused as well as the Aspiration Bestselling Author under the Creativity category. Other emotions can benefit writing books to which in turn will create a higher quality in books and more royalties, Sims with the Expressionistic Trait from the Painter Aspiration can be able to write all emotional books even if they are not in that emotion.
After every book is finished Sims must put them in the mail to publish them by Self-publishing, Selling to a Publisher, or Submitting to a Literary Digest, all can help the writer Sim get more royalties.
Useful Traits and EmotionsEdit
Some traits can aid in creating books and raise their quality.
- Genius: Genius Sims can randomly be Focused for four Sim hours, this is an opportune time for them to be writing.
- Creative: Creative Sims can randomly be Inspired for four hours, this is an opportune time for them to be writing.
- Bookworm: Bookworm Sims will get happy after reading or starting a book, becoming inspired or focused after reading a book.
Buy-able Traits: Traits bought from the Rewards Store, which are purchased via Satisfaction points.
- Creative Visionary: (2000 Satisfaction Points) Sims with this trait have a 20% higher chance to make Bestseller books.
- Great Storyteller[TS4OR]: (500 Satisfaction Points) Sims with this trait will be more happy when writing books and will get moodlets making them feel certain emotions after telling a story to another Sim, these emotions can easily be used to create better books.
- Inspired: Inspired Sims can write better quality books.
- Focused: Focused Sims will writer better quality books and be less distracted.
- Flirty: Flirty Sims will write better quality Romance books, especially when they're Very Flirty.
- Confident: Confident Sims will write better Motivation books, especially when they're Very Confident.
- Playful: Playful Sims will write better Playful books, especially when they're Very Playful or Hysterical (However, it is very ill-advised to have a Sim Hysterical as they greatly risk of Dying from Laughter.)
- Energized: Energized Sims will write better Workout Guides, especially when they're Very Energized.
Sims can create a variety of books under certain genres as well as do lots of other things with the Writing skill itself:
Writing Skill Level UnlocksEdit
As a Sim progresses through the Writing Skill they can unlock interactions such as new book genres or writing other forms of literature:
- At Level 1, Sims can Practice Writing, and write Children's Books
- At Level 2, Sims who are sad can write Sad Books, and Sims are able to Self-Publish their works.
- At Level 3, Sims can write Short Story Books, write Excuse notes for Sims in school or work, read Non-fiction Books for reference (reading will make your Sim Inspired). Sims can Discuss Favourite Book/Author with other Sims. And Sims can write Motivational Books while Confident as well as write Playful Books when Playful.
- At Level 4, Sims can write Love Emails to other Sims and write Poems, as well as, can write Romance Books while Flirty and Workout Guides while Energized.
- At Level 5, Sims can write Non-Fiction Books, unlock the ability to Sell to Publisher, and Recite Love Poetry as a Social Interaction.
- At Level 6, Sims can write Screenplays.
- At Level 7, Sims can write Fantasy Books.
- At Level 8, Sims can write Science-Fiction Books.
- At Level 9, Sims can write Mystery Books and now can Submit to a Literary Digest.
- At Level 10, Sims can write Biographies and Mentor Sims in Writing.
The Book of LifeEdit
See full: Book of Life
The Bestselling Author Aspiration under the Creativity category is an Aspiration path specifically for writing books and becoming a famous author.
Once the Bestselling Author Aspiration is complete, Sims with a Level 10 Writing Skill can write The Book of Life. In which is a book that can bind a Sims life to it and can summon them or even bring them back to life.
If a Sim has binded the Book of Life to themselves, only other Sims who have completed the Aspiration and have Level 10 Writing can resurrect the Sim. However, if a Sim reads the book bound to them=self they can become Very Focused.
Starting a BookEdit
At any Writing level Sims can start a book, but certain genres aren't accessed until further down the Writing skill. The full list of books Sims can create are:
- Science Fiction
- Short Story
Emotional Boosts and Genres:
These are Books that can be boosted by having the writer in a certain emotion, as well as, genres accessed if the Sim is in the required emotion, however, Sims with the Expressionistic Trait from the Painter Aspiration can write all emotional book genres even if they are not in the emotion.
- While Inspired or Focused, Sims are boosted in writing better quality books.
- Motivation Book (Only if Confident)
- Romance (Only if Flirty)
- Playful Book (Only if Playful)
- Sad Book (Only if Sad)
No matter what genre or book a Sim is writing, they will be writing for approximately 4 Sim hours for each book.
When a Sim has selected to write a book of any genre, they will get a window pop up telling them to input a Title for their Sim's book and a little description on what happens in the book.
Book Quality is vital for creating a good story/book, all books can be of different quality depending on the skill and mood of the writer
Books can be any range of quality from Normal, to Good, Excellent, and Bestseller. Making the Sim be Very Inspired can greatly increase the quality of the book, as well as being in a higher level of emotion, such as being Very Flirty while writing a Romance book, will help increase that books quality.
Publishing a BookEdit
There are three ways of publishing a Sims book, Self-Publishing, Selling to Publisher, and Submit to Literary Digest, and all of them can be done by going to the Mailbox, however, not all forms of publishing can be access right away.
Self-Publishing: Self Publishing is the fastest and easiest way of publishing a book, however it produces the least amount of royalties.
Selling to Publisher: Selling to a Publisher is easily done and gives the Sim author a moderate amount of royalties. Selling to a Publisher gets 50% more earnings than Self-Publishing.
Submitting to a Literary Digest: Submitting to a Literary Digest is only available once a week but allows for the Sim author to get a large amount of royalties. This option doubles the royalties you can get from selling to a publisher,
Royalties are earned at 10AM every day for about 20 Sim days for each book published. And depending on the skill the Sim who wrote the book is and what mood they were in.
For a Normal Book the Sim can earn approximately §10-50
For a Good Book the Sim can earn approximately §50-100
For an Excellent Book the Sim can earn approximately §100-300
For a Bestseller Book the Sim can earn approximately §200-800
Since Sims can write multiple books of multiple variety in quality and genre. Sims can publish most of their books, preferably Bestsellers submitted to a Literary Digest and the rest of the books to be sold to a Publisher.
The more the books, the more royalties that the Sim author can rake in every day which, if the Sim has made lots of Excellent-Bestseller books. will get up to over §1000 a day and maybe over §10,000 a week.
Other things to doEdit
There are other things Sims can do with the Writing Skill such as write a Love Email, in which Sims can send emails to a Sim they know (preferably a lover) to which will increase the romantic relationship between the writer and the Sim the email was sent to.